Diversity and Inclusion
At the Law School, we embrace the University of Georgia's commitment 'to be a diverse campus that is enriched and informed by the personal, cultural, and intellectual differences of its students, faculty, staff, and visitors.' That commitment forms part of our mission and is reflected in our motto - Prepare. Connect. Lead. We prepare future professionals who are reflective of, and sensitive to, an increasingly diverse society. We connect those future professionals with those who preceded them and helped to build the bridges they now cross. Through this work, we help to produce leaders of bench, bar, business and government equipped to serve in an increasingly globalized society. We hope that this webpage, developed collaboratively by members of our community, informs you about the many resources available on campus and facilitates the conversations essential to promoting values of diversity, inclusion and belonging.
University of Georgia Organizations and Resources
- Disability Resource Center - provides accommodations and services for UGA students who have disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Office - responsible for ensuring that UGA complies with all applicable laws and policies regarding discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment and pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity or national origin, religion, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status
- Graduate and Professional Scholars (GAPS) - The purpose of this organization is to utilize the collective resources available to the organization, including members, alumni and friends, for the creation and maintenance of an academic environment that is conducive to the successful matriculation of historically underrepresented graduate and professional students through the University of Georgia.
- Graduate Pride - a group for graduate and professional students of The University of Georgia who identify as LGBT to build community. The mission of Graduate Pride is to build community for, advocate for, and provide support to the LGBT graduate and professional students at the University of Georgia.
- Law Student Organizations
- LGBT Resource Center - a space for LGBT-identified students and their allies to find community, support, and developmental resources
- Office of Institutional Diversity - facilitates collaboration on diversity initiatives throughout campus and the external community, and provides professional development opportunities focused on diversity. Also serves as a hub for information, resources and expertise regarding diversity issues
- Office of Multicultural Services and Programs - works to create an inclusive campus environment by supporting the development and affirming the overall experiences of all students, particularly multicultural students
- Office of the VP of Student Affairs - diversity fund - available for campus departments and student organizations to support initiatives that promote understanding, inclusion, and acceptance within the University of Georgia community
- Student Veteran Resource Center - serves as a central location for information about the university's services for student veterans while also offering support, advocacy and a convenient location for student veterans to gather throughout the day
- UGA Career Center - diversity resources - resources to enhance the career development of underrepresented students
- UGA Chapter of the NAACP
- UGA Libraries - diversity news and resources
- Women’s Resources - highlights women's services, organizations, programs, and events across campus; provides a hub for safety information, community support, and advocacy for women
- 1L Summer Diversity Positions (updated November 15, 2019)