Student Debt Management
The University of Georgia School of Law is consistently rated one of the top values in legal education, and keeping educational debt under control enables law graduates to pursue an array of professional options.
There are helpful ways to structure debt and manage loans, and there is support available to those pursuing careers in public service or managing debt payments on lower salaries.
Annually, Dr. Jeffrey Hanson, of Hanson Education Services, comes to the law school to share valuable information about planning for post-graduate education debt management. Students who would like information on his most recent visit can find a videotape and handouts in the Symplicity Professional Development Library.
Here are a few helpful resources to provide basic information:
- Department of Education: http://www.ed.gov/
- Student Loan Expert Blog: http://askheatherjarvis.com/
- Equal Justice Works Educational Debt Relief Webinars
- College Cost Reduction and Access Act - Income Based Repayment
- John R. Justice Student Loan Repayment Program (prosecutors and public defenders)
- State-Based Loan Repayment Assistance Programs
- The University of Georgia School of Law Downs' Loan Repayment Assistance Program
The Career Development Office presents information sessions on funding options, debt management and loan repayment. Watch e-mail, Symplicity and the law school events calendar for announcements about sponsored speaker programs.