- Students who are interested in financial aid for Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and/or Summer 2023 must complete the 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA - http://fafsa.gov) in order to receive consideration for federal aid (including federal student loans). Graduate students are encouraged to file the 2022-23 FAFSA by no later than June 1, 2022 to ensure eligibility for federal student loans can be determined, and any necessary additional requirements completed, in sufficient time for disbursement of funds before the first day of classes for the Fall 2022 term.
- Financial aid applicants may receive an email from the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) requesting additional information needed by OSFA in order to award financial aid for 2022-2023. Students receiving an email from OSFA should log into Athena (https://athena.uga.edu) and follow the instructions in order to satisfy any eligibility requirement(s). PLEASE NOTE: Students are not required to apply for financial aid prior to course registration.
- You will receive an email notification from OSFA once your 2022-23 Financial Aid Award Information is available on Athena.
- Student Responsibility to Inform OSFA When Awarded an External Scholarship(s):
- Students who have been awarded Outside Scholarships and Other Resources by someone other than OSFA must immediately notify OSFA by logging into Athena and entering the information under the Resources/Additional Information tab.
- All external scholarship checks awarded to students to attend UGA should be mailed to:
The Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA)
University of Georgia
220 Holmes/ Hunter Academic Building
Athens Georgia 30602-6114
- The external scholarship check(s) and/or documentation sent to OSFA must reflect the student's name and UGA student ID number. All scholarships greater than $1,000 will be divided evenly between the fall and spring semesters unless the donor directs OSFA to do otherwise.