Faculty Services Policies
The Faculty Services Librarian is the primary contact for faculty members research needs. Visiting faculty and adjunct faculty members may access the same library services as available to full-time faculty members.
Requests from Faculty:
- The Faculty Service Librarian will promptly respond to all library requests from faculty members. The response will attach the requested material, notify the faculty member of the receipt of the request and clarify any questions on the request (i.e. timeframe, delivery preference, clarification, etc.) or schedule a meeting to discuss the request further.
- Research by the Law Library on behalf of faculty members will be limited to academic research related to the scholarship, teaching and administrative responsibilities of UGA faculty members.
Library Research Assistant Program:
- Library research assistants are available for faculty research requests that are anticipated to take up to 40 hours to complete. Library Research assistants will be made available pursuant to the order that a request is received.
- The Faculty Services Librarian will annually review the current awareness alerts for each faculty member to determine if any changes need to be made. The Faculty Services Librarian will meet with new faculty members to initially set up alert services.
- Prior to each semester a circulation team member will send a list of items on reserve for each professor and request which items he/she would like to be included on reserve for the forthcoming semester. All items submiited to courese reserves must comply with the University System of Georgia's Copyright Policy.
Publication and Collection of Scholarship:
- The Faculty Services Librarian will be responsible for maintaining ExpressO and Scholastica accounts for current faculty members. Additionally, after obtaining applicable copyright permissions, the Faculty Services librarian will post articles on to Digital Commons@UGA Law and on SSRN.
- The Faculty Services Librarian will update faculty members’ bibliographies on their biography web page.
Research Assistant Training:
- Librarians will provide training sessions for faculty members’ research assistants at the beginning of each semester or upon the request of a faculty member.
- The Instructional Support Specialist will be responsible for assisting faculty with utilizing technology available in the classrooms. Librarians will be available for guest lectures, library tours, individualized training sessions and preparing bibliographies or research guides for classes.
Last reviewed: July 2014