Street Law UGA
Welcome to the site of the Street Law chapter at the University of Georgia School of Law. Please come join us in our activities here at Georgia Law for the 2013-2014 school year.
ABOUT STREET LAW
- Street Law UGA is a student-run organization designed to educate youth about practical law topics -- "Street Law" -- and inspire youth to seek legal careers. Street Law UGA focuses on educating minority and low income youth and inspiring youth from backgrounds that are underrepresented in the legal profession.
Topics covered include (but are not limited to):
- The Juvenile Justice System
- An Arrestee's Rights
- Foster Care System
- Finding a Job
- Finding a Place to Live
- Effects of a Criminal Record
- Education after High School
- Goal Setting
- "Should it be a Crime?"
- GA's "Seven Deadly Sins"
Placements may include:
- Middle and High Schools
- Youth Detention Centers
- DFCS Independent Living Program
- Church Youth Groups
Current Placements include:
- Peer Court
- Timothy Baptist Church Youth Group
- Upward Bound
Primary Email: StreetLawUGA@gmail.com
2013-2014 Executive Board Members:
- President, Amanda Butterworth - email@example.com
- Vice President, Haley Chafin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Placement Coordinator, Candace Farmer - email@example.com
- Community Outreach, Sakeena Yearwood firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Relations, Rachael Etheridge - email@example.com
- Recruitment Director, Gordon Van Remmen - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lesson Plan Chair, Rebecca White - email@example.com
To learn more about the history of Street Law and its national and international projects please go to: http://streetlaw.org.