Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Contact: Kathy Pharr, 706-542-0054, firstname.lastname@example.org
Search underway for UGA vice president for development and alumni relations
Athens, Ga. – University of Georgia President Jere W. Morehead has appointed a committee to coordinate a national search for the university’s next vice president for development and alumni relations. The committee will recommend finalists to succeed Tom Landrum, who will be retiring at the end of the academic year on June 30 after nearly 40 years of service to the institution.
“This position will be vitally important as we continue planning and early fundraising efforts during the silent phase of our comprehensive campaign to advance the University of Georgia,” Morehead said. “A successful campaign will be transformational for the institution, so the vice president for development and alumni relations will play a key leadership role in the senior administration.”
J. Griffin Doyle, vice president for government relations, will chair the 19-member committee composed of faculty, staff, student and alumni representatives.
Other search committee members are:
• Kathy Bangle, director of Veterinary External Affairs in the College of Veterinary Medicine;
• Elizabeth Beckett, associate director for the Office of Special Events;
• Josef Broder, associate dean for academic affairs in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences;
• Cindy Coyle, associate vice president for external affairs and executive director/chief financial officer of the UGA Foundation;
• Greg Daniels, senior executive director of leadership giving in the Division of Development and Alumni Relations;
• Mica David, vice president of the Student Alumni Council;
• Juliett Dinkins, editor of Columns;
• Marcus Jennings, chair of the Development and Alumni Relations Staff Representative Group, UGA Alumni Association;
• Steve Jones, U.S. District Court judge for the northern district of Georgia and UGA Foundation trustee;
• Tim Keadle, CPA with Porter Keadle Moore LLC and president of the UGA Alumni Association;
• Stefanie A. Lindquist, dean of the School of Public and International Affairs;
• Greg McGarity, UGA director of athletics;
• Thomas H. “Trey” Paris III, U.S. manager of state government relations for General Electric and chair of the UGA Foundation’s development and public affairs committee;
• John P. Spalding, vice president of government affairs and chief privacy officer of Cox Communications Inc. and UGA Foundation chairman;
• Denise Spangler, Bebe Aderhold Professor of Early Childhood Education and head of the UGA department of mathematics and science education;
• Rebecca H. White, dean of the School of Law and J. Alton Hosch Professor of Law;
• David S. Williams, associate provost and director of the Honors Program;
• William D. Young Jr., president of General Wholesale Company and immediate past chair of the UGA Foundation.
The university will retain an executive search firm to assist with the process. Kathy Pharr, chief of staff to the president, will provide internal support for the committee. Applications are due to the committee by Jan. 31.