Law Library Services During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Law Library is currently closed, but patrons can drop off library materials using the book drop located on the sidewalk outside of the library entrance. Most of our services and resources are available virtually. Review a description of our virtual services below or contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Fall semester 2020 hours will be:
Please review the Law School's COVID-19 F.A.Q. webpage before visiting.
Virtual reference assistance is available Monday through Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM. Services include email, video conference, and chat. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a consultation.
If you have questions related to course reserves, borrowing or returning materials please contact email@example.com. Scanning and electronic delivery, or postal delivery, are available. If you have existing checked out items, loan periods will be extended and fines suspended.
Most faculty services will continue to be provided virtually. Individual teleconference or videoconference research consultations can be scheduled by appointment through firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need assistance related to your course, eLC, Zoom access or any other resources to support remote learning preparations,various law school and library team members are available to help. Please use the resources found below, visit our faculty resource guide, or contact email@example.com.
West Academic Study Aids Online (Ongoing Access via the Law Library) access several study aid series including: Acing series, Black Letter Outlines, Career Guides, Nutshells, Law Stories series, Concise Hornbook/Hornbook series, Law School Legends Audio series and Sum and Substance Audio series.
- Go to: https://0-subscription.westacademic.com.gavel.law.uga.edu/
- Click on Create an Account
- After you have made an account or if you already have an account you can go to directly to https://subscription.westacademic.com and Sign In with your West Academic Study Aids Account. This way you will not have to use the UGA authentication every time.
- For more assistance see these Guides for Access per Browser: Firefox, Safari
- CALI (Ongoing Access via the Law Library) provides access to more than 1,000 interactive tutorials on legal topics.
As a convenience to students, the library purchases 1 print copy of each required textbook for courses taught each semester. Unfortunately, this fall semester there will be limited options for textbook access since print resources must be quarantined for 72 hours after use. The library will purchase extra copies of the more heavily used textbooks, but with the quarantine requirements access to textbooks will be more restricted than during a regular semester.
Last spring semester, free digital access to textbooks was provided by legal publishers as a courtesy due to the abrupt switch to online instruction mid-semester. Most legal publishers have announced that they will not provide complimentary online access to textbooks this fall.
- NOTE: If your textbook is published by West Academic, in the event UGA switches to online learning, digital textbook access will be available with proof of purchase or rental. Be sure to keep your receipts.
- Research or Reference Assistance (Chat Service) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Request for Adding Course Reserves | email@example.com | 706-542-1923
- Search and Access Course Reserves | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-542-1923
- Law School I.T. Support | email@example.com | 706-542-0895
- TWEN Support | 1-800-850-9378
- Faculty Resources Guide
- Online Teaching Resources
- Research Guides
- A to Z Database List