Law Library Services During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Campus Closure
The Law Library is closed.
Reference & Research Services
Virtual reference assistance is available Monday through Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM. Services include email, video conference, and chat. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a consultation.
If you have questions related to course reserves, borrowing or returning materials please contact email@example.com. Scanning and electronic delivery, or postal delivery, are available. If you have existing checked out items, loan periods will be extended and fines suspended.
Faculty & Instruction Services
Most faculty services will continue to be provided virtually. Individual teleconference or videoconference research consultations can be scheduled by appointment through firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need assistance related to your course, eLC, Zoom access or any other resources to support remote learning preparations,various law school and library team members are available to help. Please use the resources found below or contact email@example.com.
- Law Library Course Reserves – Search and Access Course Reserves | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-542-1923
- Bluebook online access – Students without access to the Bluebook can request a key code for 60-day access to the Bluebook online.
- Students who do not have access to their required textbooks should let their instructor know and use the following options:
- West Academic Course-Required Textbooks: Set up your own account using your uga.edu email address at: https://eproducts.westacademic.com/ Then call (877) 888-1330, Ext. #4 to activate. If you already have an account for West Academic Study Aids you only need to call the number. Access will be in place until June 1.
- Wolters Kluwer Course-Required Textbooks: Go to http://bookshelf.vitalsource.com and log-in or create a Bookshelf Account with your uga.edu email address. Click on the “Explore” tab in the upper left corner of the screen. This tab provides access to the freely available e-textbooks required by the School of Law this semester. Textbook downloads are limited to 7 titles and trial access will expire on May 25. Instructions and FAQ are available for VitalSource account creation.
- Carolina Academic Press Course-Required Textbooks: Contact your instructor for the course. Faculty members are working directly with the publisher to get access codes good through June 1 for students who need them.
Resources & Services
- Research or Reference Assistance (Chat Service) | email@example.com
- Faculty Request for Adding Course Reserves | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-542-1923
- Search and Access Course Reserves | email@example.com | 706-542-1923
- Law School I.T. Support | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-542-0895
- TWEN Support | 1-800-850-9378
- Online Teaching Strategy Resources
- Research Guides
- A to Z Database List
- West Online Study Aids | Guides for Access per Browser: Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer