The Forever Skill: Job Search Outside of OCI
The limits of OCI:
● Limited to employers able to plan to hire 12 to 24 months after first interviews;
● Limited to a relatively small number of 2Ls and 3Ls in the national pool; and
● After law school graduation, all job searches are outside of OCI.
Outside of OCI, employers apply a “Just in Time” analysis which includes:
● Do we have work for a new employee?
● Do we have revenue to pay a new employee?
● Can we support and train a new employee?
● Do we have physical space or technology & culture to support virtual space?
● Do we have the right candidate in the pool?
The Forever Skill is based on a consistent principle: Lifetime job search requires self-assessment, creativity, flexibility, curiosity, and an appropriate public professional profile.
The Forever Skill identifies critical components of a job search including market segments, credibility considerations (practice and geography), personal tools (resumes and cover letters, new and existing networks), electronic tools (blogs, myfacebookspace.com/LinkedIn@twitter.Google+, directories and more), consistent record keeping, and career-enders & deal-breakers.
Susan Gainen has spent the past 25 years observing market swings, career change, new technologies and new generations bringing their own stamp and styles to work. Enjoy her expert presentation and benefit from her advice as she travels to Georgia Law School to present this program. Learn more: http://www.passthebaton.biz/
Register to reserve your space and lunch: