Frequently Asked Questions
Full-time and Part-time Courses
- Are Atlanta placements full-time only?
No. Most placements take both full-time and part-time students and some are part-time only.
- How can I tell which placements take full-time or part-time students?
Click on the placements tab above.
- Can I do an externship and take other clinics later?
Yes. These courses leave you with enough credits to take clinics in other semesters.
- Can any student qualify for a placement? Or only highly-ranked students?
Any student can qualify. Only a handful of placements have class rank requirements.
- Will working at a placement mean that I will get a job there after graduation?
Usually not, although it happens occasionally. Working at your placement allows you to network in that practice area, can give you a strong practice-oriented writing sample, and offers you mentors who will advise and help you on your career path.
- Are these externship courses graded? How?
Yes. Half of the credit you earn is graded, half pass-fail. Grading is based on your work at your placement and on your work in the seminar.
Atlanta Semester in Practice
- What courses are offered in Atlanta?
- Where are the Atlanta courses offered?
At the Terry Executive Education Center in Buckhead, a five-minute walk from two MARTA stations.
- Can I work in Atlanta and participate in law journals, competitions, and on-campus interviews?
- Will I have to take more courses in other semesters to participate in the full-time course?
No. We offer other courses in Atlanta that allow you to take a full course load.
- Will participating in the Atlanta course affect my financial aid?
No. You remain fully in residence during an Atlanta semester. You may also qualify for a cost-of-living adjustment.